Dave's Daily

Monday, December 06, 2004

Piano man

Had a beautiful day on Saturday. My wife took the kids downtown for the annual Christmas parade. There were lots of floats and bands and it lasted almost an hour! I stayed home as the previous home owners FINALLY came and got their pool table and piano!! YEAH!! It really opened up the downstairs for us. Plus, I also wanted to watch some of the local college team basketball game. As it turned out, I didn't get to watch much of it as the moving crews came while it was on. But, they won none the less! YEAH!

Sunday was a pretty yucky day with it raining most of the day, but church was great and the local pro football teams won their games.

So, overall it was a pretty good weekend! :-)

The little items that STILL need to be repaired on the house STILL have not been done. We're giving the previous homeowners an option that I hope they will take. Since we still owe them some money when they put new shingles on it (we split the cost of upgrading to better shingles), we are giving them an option of letting us just repair the stuff and deducting what we owe them with the cost of the repairs. Our realtor is getting pretty upset with the previous owners (and I can't blame them). It's kind of a sticky situation as we're "pretty" good friends with the previous owners... I know it'll all work out. God's timing is always perfect.

Got a busy week this week. My son is going to be in a play at church this weekend, so tonight is a practice for it. Then tomorrow night is his first basketball practice of the season. Wed. my wife is leaving town for the rest of the week to fly up to Connecticut with her mother to see her brother come in on his sub from being out to sea for six months. I get to take off work to stay home with the kids! She needs the break and I'm glad she gets to go. Thurs. night is another play practice. We do get Friday night free, so we might get a pizza and watch a movie. Sat. is another big play practice day and performace that night. Sunday is church day and another play performace that evening. My wife is suppose to make it back in time for the Sunday night play. I hope she does or my son might feel a little down about it.

There was an employee choir that sang some Christmas music in the building's atrium during the lunch hour today. That was really nice.

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home