Dave's Daily

Thursday, March 03, 2005

What a Disaster!

Not much posting this week as it's been very busy! Here at work we have been running a Disaster Recovery test to see how "smooth" things can be run from a remote location if a diaster wiped out or disabled our current Data Center. For this particular test, I was suppose to be "dead," killed in the disaster. We have scripts written up for people to follow to run things in case the "experts" aren't around. So, it's a good test to see how well written our scripts are. With each test we do, we refine our scripts and improve our procedures. Even though I was "dead" this time, I had to be resussated a few times (as an undead zombie maybe?) to help out. There were quite a few minor problems, but we finally got them all worked out before the end. It was a 72 hour test which ended today at 7am... Back to reality now....

Monday (2/28) night I played in my first b-ball game of the season (church league). I was pretty rusty for not playing for a full year, but didn't get too sore from playing. Got knocked down a couple of times though (I thought b-ball was a non-contact sport!).

Tuesday (3/1) night we went to the awards ceremony for my son's b-ball league. They had a professional women's b-ball player/motivational speaker there that did a lot of ball tricks and handling. She was very good.

Wednesday morning at 12:20 AM, I got a call from work about a problem that needing fixing, so I had to get up out of bed, dial in and fix it. Got back to bed a little after 1 am, but couldn't get back to sleep for awhile. So, most of the day on Wednesday, I really felt like a zombie.

Wed. night we went to church as usual. My son is in a group like Boy Scouts called Royal Rangers and they are preparing for the annual Pinewood Derby race which is coming up on March 12th. His car is all cut out and sanded, so we just need to paint it and we'll be good to go.

Finally got a good nights sleep last night, so I feel a little better today. We're staying home tonight and tomorrow night to take a break from all the hussle and bussle. My wife bought the DVD release of Bambi, so we're planning on watching that for our Friday Family movie night. I'm sure the death of Bambi's mother will tramitize my 2-year old.... ha!

Well, true to form, my local college men's b-ball team lost last night to Iowa State. One game left to play against Kansas.... It's a home game, so at least that gives them a fighting chance...

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home