Dave's Daily

Friday, April 29, 2005

Who's Your Daddy?

One of my hobbies is genealogy. I picked up the "bug" from my aunt who's been working on our family history for over 20 years. Another lady doing family research on our same surname published a family Newsletter back in 1986 and 87. She grouped all the various family lines in to separate groups based on their location in the 1860 US Census. She is still working on those groups, trying to see if there are any common ancestors between the groups. One of the ways she is doing that today is by trying to get a male decendent from each of the groups to participate in a DNA test handled through FamilyDNA. This lady sent me a DNA kit this week and I scraped the inside of my cheek, put the swab in a little tube and mailed it off today. Kind of felt like I was on CSI or something... HA. I just hope I don't find out I'm adopted... :-) She has had quite a bit of participation in the study, so it will be interesting to find out the results.

The Missions Banquet was really good, although it started kind of late. I was really starving by the time we got our food. We thought it started at 6:30pm, but it was really at 7PM. But we really didn't get in line until almost 7:30PM... This year, instead of a missionary speaking after the dinner, our church choir performed a "Missions Cantata" consisting of 5 missions themed songs. They did a very good job.

My laptop was delievered yesterday as promised, but I was suprised that FedEx didn't have my wife sign for it. They just dropped it off on the front porch. Anyone could have come buy and picked it up. Ugh. On the FedEx site, the tracking info said that it was signed for by P. Orch (porch). How do you like that? Grrr...

YES!! Today is payday and I barely made it ... My truck needs gas and I didn't know if I'd make it to payday or not! :-)

My beautiful wife and I are going out on a date tonight. We don't get to go out very often, so this will be a nice treat. We got a babysitter for the kids, so we're going out to a nice resturant, then to a play, and maybe grab some coffee afterwards... Maybe we just won't go back home... HA!

We like to go to the local Stained Glass Theatre here in town, but last weekend was the last performance of their current play. Drat!! We noticed in last night's paper that the local home-schooled youth were putting on their annual play this weekend. Date Saved!! So, we're going to go see that tonight. We went to their play a couple of years ago and they did a very good job, so we're looking forward to see this one.

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home