Dave's Daily

Monday, April 18, 2005

Weekend Wrapup

Friday (4/15) we had a JBQ (Junior Bible Quiz) pizza party to celebrate the end of the season. The coordinator passed out awards and fun was had by all. After that, we came home and watched the movie, "Beethoven's 5th."

Saturday, we slept in some, then my wife went grocery shopping. Later on, I mowed the yard and then my son and I went to town to pick up a few things. He also wanted to spend some of his birthday money too. Imagine that! :-) That evening, my parents came down again and my dad and I went to the church as the men's ministry was having a "Spring B-B-Q." They had BBQ'd brisket, cole slaw, potato salad, baked beans and desserts. Sad to say, the brisket wasn't all it was hyped to be. It was a little dry, and tough and a few people said it wasn't totally done.

My son had been complaining about his stomache hurting through out the afternoon and when my dad and I arrived back at the house, he was in the middle of vomiting... Oh boy! The next monring, he said he still wasn't feeling too well, so I stayed home from church with him while my wife and daughter went ahead and went. I got a few things done around the house and I even cooked lunch and had it almost ready when my wife and daughter got home. My wife loves it when she doesn't have to cook on Sundays. :-) By the afternoon, my son was feeling pretty much back to his old self.

Sunday night at church, they started a new video series from Dr. James Dobson called "Bringing Up Boys" based on his best selling book by the same name for those that wanted to attend. My wife and I attended and it is going to be a very good series. Hopefuly I will gain some insight to why my son acts the way he does and how I can be a good parent to him. :-)

The dog woke me up about 2am this morning needing to go outside and so out we went. It didn't take long to get his job done, but after getting back in bed, I couldn't get back to sleep. I think I laid there the rest of the night staring at the clock. I don't feel too tired today, but if I don't sleep well tonight, ugh...

I also have a men's church league b-ball game tonight at 8:15pm... Maybe that will wear me out enough to help me get to sleep...

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home