Dave's Daily

Monday, March 28, 2005

Spring Break!

Last week I took off work from Wed. through Fri. to spend some time with the family since my son was off from school for Spring Break. The weather was terrible... rainy, windy and cold. Wed. morning, my son and I took my truck in to get the oil changed. Then we headed over to the church so I could update some software on our video computer. Then we went home and had lunch. After lunch my son and I went out to the local K-Mart and he bought a couple of action figures (Frodo Baggins and Samwise) and I bought the Star Wars Clone Wars Volume I DVD. We just had some father/son bonding time. :-)

Thursday morning we as a family had our annual dental checkups. "Look Ma! No cavities!" That was a good thing, but it was still expensive. After lunch we all took off to the entertainment mecca of the free world for a night of food and entertainment. We saw a magical variety show which was in it's first year of performance and they were really good. Some of the dance interludes could have been skipped though...

Friday morning as we were getting ready to take a shower, there was no hot water! UGH! Then, just as we were getting ready to leave the hotel, we noticed hot water was available again. UGH! Well, we did get a good rate on the hotel, but I thought hot showers were suppose to be included in the price!!! After breakfast, we stopped by a nearby town and did some shopping before heading on home.

Saturday we didn't really do too much....

Sunday was of course Easter Sunday, so we all got dressed up in our Sunday best for church. We took some family pictures after we got home and then had lunch. After lunch we did a simple Easter Egg Hunt for the kids. We had to do it indoors as it was still pretty muddy/cold outside. Then we left to go visit my sister who just had a new baby girl.

My daughter woke up screaming about 2:30AM this morning for some reason... After we got her settled down, I couldn't go back to sleep until it was about time to get up... I'm a little groggy this morning...

I've got a church league b-ball game tonight... At least it's an early game so it won't totally ruin the evening!

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home