Dave's Daily

Monday, March 14, 2005

And the First Place Trophy Goes To...

Me? ME! Incredible! As mentioned in my previous post, I entered my own car in the Sectional Royal Rangers Pinewood Derby races this past Saturday at the church. They had it setup so that all the kids raced their cars against others in their own age range. They also had a Leaders division for us "older kids." I really didn't think I had a chance as there were quite a few "pro" car builders that I've seen in the past. Anyway, my car actually won a First Place ribbon and trophy! Cool! My son's car got second place in his division. He was only 2 hundredths of a second behind the leader, so it was "real" close. My son's car was actually faster overall than mine was... So it was a good thing that I wasn't actually competing against him! :-)

And for another miracle, my local college men's b-ball team actually got an invite to the NIT tourney. They play tomorrow night (3/15) at home against DePaul.

Things aren't going so well on the potty training front for my daughter... My wife thinks she's just not quite ready for it and is really to quit for awhile until she's just a little older....

I've got another church league b-ball game tonight. It's not until 9:15 PM though. I really hate the late games... Makes getting to bed way to late for me... ugh.

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home