Dave's Daily

Monday, April 04, 2005

Crazy Weekend

As promised, I said I would report on happenings of the wedding I video taped this past Saturday. I wish I could say it was an April Fools joke, but sadly it wasn't. I already knew the groom was a little odd, but this was the strangest wedding I'd ever attend. :-)

The Pastor, groomsmen and the groom came in first down the middle alse, one at a time, *jogging* as they came. Never seen that one before. During the wedding, there were a few times when a song was played and the happy couple just stood there embracing - almost doing a slow dance - but not quite. They read love letters to each other... very mushy ones at that... The bride read, "I want to be the mother of your children...", etc. After the wedding, there was a worship service where they sang hymns and choruses and the pastor preached an actual sermon. The whole thing lasted about 2 hours. After the worship service, the groom announced that later that evening they were having a reception with old music, dancing and get this: They were serving cornbread and beans... He even mentioned that you better eat before coming if you didn't like cornbread and beans, and you also might want to bring along some Beano. Ack! Thankfully, I didn't have to go to the reception as this thing about wasted a totally gorgeous Saturday...

Sunday was a very beautiful day as well. I took the family out to lunch after church and then we just enjoyed the afternoon.

Sad to hear about Pope John Paul II passing away. I'm not Catholic, but he was a very godly man and I'm sorry to see him go. I pray that the Cardnials will have guidance and wisdom in the selection of the next Pope.

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home