Dave's Daily

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Still Icy

Well, it warmed up just enough that we didn't get any more ice last night. It just drizzled/misted all night long. I heard a few more branches breaking off too. But we still had a rough night. About 9pm, our son got sick and vomited. I don't know if he caught what our daughter had from a few days ago or if it was something he ate. After we got the kids to bed, about 9:40pm, our power went out. The whole neighborhood lost power and it stayed off ALL night long. About 2:30am, our son vomited again, so we didn't get a real good night's rest. We woke up about 7:20a and I was about to call the electric company again (I had tried numerous times in the evening, but always got a busy signal), when at 7:30a the lights came on! Yeah! I got my shower and then about 8:10a the power went off again for about 10 minutes. I went ahead and came on in to work and got here at 9am. Since it is above freezing, there was no problems with the roads, etc. School is still out today due to some of the school buildings having power outage problems.

There are some branches leaning on our roof that will be a pain to get off and a bunch of branches on the ground. One branch smashed part of our neighbor's fence. Ice is a lot worse than snow! Crazy weather!!

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home