Dave's Daily

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

It's a Disaster!

Well, not really, but we're in the midst of doing our yearly Disaster Recovery project here at work. We send our backup tapes offsite to a recovery site and then try to recover our production systems like we would in a real disaster. Since I'd have to work late yesterday (Jul 30th), I came in at noon and had to stay until about 9pm. The Operating System people had been at it, restoring the system since about 7am and were there past midnight. It's kind of fun and gets you out of the office for awhile.

This past weekend, we went up to visit my wife's mom. Had a nice visit, got to go swimming, and ate some good food. We made it back to town on Sunday (29th) just in time to help celebrate my grandmother's (my mom's mom) 95th birthday. She's been having some health problems lately and is currently recovering in a nursing home, but generally, she's been doing very well. Congrats to her. We had a big fish fry at my cousin Kevin's new house for the occasion.

Today is payday (yippee!) and the day when our big 3% cost of living increase kicks in. Well, mine actually turned out to be about 2.91%, but I'm not complaining... at least it's something and better than nothing!!

I finally got a wireless router installed and working at home, but it's not putting out a very strong signal. I got the router free, so I'm going by Best Buy after work to see if I can get an antenna to help boost the signal. I got my PS3 hooked up through it now and I've been downloading some game demos. Works pretty neat!

Can't believe that tomorrow is already August 1st... School will be starting soon... wow.

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home