Dave's Daily

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Living In The Fast Lane

Last Thursday (July 19th) I ordered my upgrade to DSL at home. I've been living with dial-up for WAY too long now. The very next day my DSL modem arrived with the promise date of Tuesday, July 24th for service activation. True to their word, just as I arrived home after work yesterday, the phone company truck was there. The guy checked out the line for any problems and said it looked very good and I was good to go. That evening I finally had time to check it all out and after going through all the install stuff, I was finally cruising at DSL speed. WHOO HOO! I've finally made it to the fast lane in the information super-highway!

My wife took the kids today to go see the movie "Ratatouille." My wife is not a big fan of movies in general as most of them are either too trashy, profane, or in the case of kids movies, full of bathroom humor. She called me at work after they got home to say she really loved this movie and wanted to see it again. I guess this one will make it to our DVD library. :-)

Well, we still haven't recovered my wife's wedding ring. We're still hoping and believing that it will be returned, but it will have to be in God's timing. My wife is a little worried as the diamond that was set in the ring was given to us by her mother as it was the diamond in her original wedding ring. We're going to go up to her mom's house for a visit this weekend and my wife isn't looking forward to telling her the bad news.

I made it through another Missionette Honor Star Crowning service this last Sunday night. Thankfully this year there was only ONE girl (compared to some years with 9-12 girls). I just stayed at the church all afternoon to create the photo montage and other items for the evening and it worked out great.

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home