Dave's Daily

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Been Too Long

Ugh. It's been over a month since I've updated this blog. Shame on me. :-)

So many things have happened, there is no way I can fit everything in let alone remember everything! HA!

We got some early Christmas shopping done back on Columbus Day (Oct. 8th) for the kids.

One of my sister-in-laws and my wife's mother came down for a little visit. They came on the Amtrak train, but were delayed for 2 hours due to Amtrak having to let about 15 freight trains go by first (since the freight train companies own the tracks and Amtrak only "rents" them). So, my wife met one of her other sisters halfway to take them back home. We had a nice visit with them though.

Last Friday night (Nov. 2nd), another sister-in-law came down for the night and we had a little campfire in the backyard and cooked hot dogs, ate chili, and made s'mores. It was a perfect night and we had a great time.

Not sure if I mentioned in the blog that we recently got two goldfish from a friend at church. Last night I went downstairs to do something and noticed they weren't moving... uh oh... Yep, they were dead. The kids were already in bed, so I'm not sure if my wife told them this morning or not... I really hate it when pets die... But, I don't consider fish to be much of a pet... You can't really play with them and they don't fetch. :-)

My son picked up big Christmas present today. He got out of school early due to Professional Development day for the teachers. My wife took him to the music store and he picked out his new electric guitar. It's an Austin Les Paul, black, with a Marshall amp. He called me from the store all excited. :-) I told him he can't play it until Christmas. HA! :-) We had gone there a couple weeks ago and they were out of the black ones. He said they had everything he needed (read... wanted). A rock star is born... :-)

Our daughter is still dealing with UTIs and is on yet another antibiotic. This one is a little more potent, thick and doesn't taste good. The Dr. said we could mix it with chocolate syrup which has helped somewhat. We also have to give her Miralax to keep her bowels from backing up which is part of the problem too. I really feel sorry for all this little girl has been going through.

My daughter just called me from my wife's cell phone on their way home from school to tell me that a tooth that has been bothering her is loose. It's her first loose tooth... She was pretty excited.

Enough for now...
Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home