Dave's Daily

Monday, December 31, 2007

So Long 2007

Today is the last day of 2007. Wow, the year sure went by fast. I guess they all do. I guess it's good to start over every 365 days or so... :-)

As I mentioned in my last post, we had my family's Christmas get-together at my sister's house back on the 22nd. We picked up my Grandma from the nursing home and got to have some great family time. My oldest nephews (twins, both just turned 16), are really into movie making. They're working on a Batman type film with a bunch of their friends. Looks pretty good so far and they're even making a "bat-cave" in their downstairs basement. Pretty cool. We had a great meal and got some nice gifts.

On the 24th, after a small Christmas time with my little family, we headed up to my mother-in-law's house. On Christmas Day, we had a huge family get-together with about 20-some people. Lots of food, gifts, and even a little Bingo. :-) We came back home on Wednesday (26th). I took off work for the rest of the week to have more family time and to play with my kids' toys! YEAH! :-)

On Thursday (27th) we took off again to a large town about 100 miles away to a large mall. Gotta spend that Christmas Cash! I basically watched the kids as my wife did all the shopping, but we had a nice time. Friday (28th) I took my son all over town to various stores looking for the Mario Party game for the Nintendo DS. It was sold out everywhere. On Saturday, we went to another nearby town and I dropped my wife off at the mall. I took the kids to Best Buy and Toys 'R Us. We looked for the video game, but still no dice. Afterwards, I picked up the wife and we head back to our town and we went out to eat at a very good Mexican restaurant. That evening, we went online to try to find the video game and all the sites I knew of were all sold out. Must be a very popular game!!

Today I'm back at work to catch up on everything and to collect my paycheck! :-) Not really, as it's direct deposited, but actually, my boss was buying everyone's lunch as his Christmas gift to his group. I couldn't miss that! Pizza! Ummm Good!

Tonight, my wife is making some finger foods and we'll just have a little New Year's party at our house with just our family. I'll be building a fire in the fireplace, we'll maybe play some games and watch the ball drop. Fun stuff.

And so another year has come to an end.
Thanks for the memories.
Blessings and Happy New Year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home