Dave's Daily

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

July 4th, 2005 Weekend Wrapup

We had originally planned to head to my mother-in-law's house on Saturday, but we ended up waiting until Sunday morning to leave. Mostly because we didn't want to spend an extra day there since we weren't coming back unti Tuesday, but also because my wife's brother and his family was also staying there. He has a large family, so we didn't want to stress out my wife's mother too much with all the people there. Turns out my brother-in-law and family were out furnature shopping most of the day and wasn't even there on Sunday.

Monday, we had a great day. We went to a near by town where my wife had lived for awhile as they were having their 150th Anniversary. We also visited some friends that used to live next door to us here, that moved to this little town and so we went with them to watch the town parade. Our son and their son got to be real close friends when they lived next to us, so they are always wanting to see each other again. After the parade, we walked around downtown and looked at some of the stuff going on. Then we drove by my wife's old house that her father had built when they lived there.

That afternoon, we went back to my wife's mother's house and my other two sisters-in-law showed up and we all had a nice get together. We had a nice dinner and shot off some fireworks and visited a lot. My brother-in-law's wife took most of the kids to see the city's fireworks, but walked down the road just a bit and could see them perfectly. For a small town, they put on a pretty great display.

Tuesday morning, we got up and ate a great breakfast. Scrambled eggs, bacon, pancakes, etc. I was stuffed! We left around 11am, but stopped by a really big mall. My wife found a few things on clearance at some great prices while I took the kids to the play area. We all had a great time. We made it home about 5PM or so and got everything unpacked. Then we had dinner and even shot off some more fireworks after getting our daughter to bed.

Back at work today... Finally caught up with the email and now just waiting for the end of the day....

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home