Dave's Daily

Friday, June 17, 2005

Early Start to the Weekend

I get to take off at noon today from work! Whoo Hoo! My wife is headed out this weekend to attend a Women of Faith conference, so since she has to leave town early this afternoon, I'm taking off to be able to watch the kids. I plan on taking them to a nice park this afternoon and then possibly going to visit my sister for dinner.

Oh, and I started yet another "project." Since one of my hobbies is genealogy, I saw a plea for help on the state's archive's website for volunteers to transcribe the older death certificate records into electronic format. I signed up and was sent a packet of 50 pages of names/locations/dates to fill into an Excel spreadsheet. There's about 50 names per page, so... let's see... that makes about 2500 names to fill out... It'll probably take me the rest of the year to finish it, but hopefully, it'll help someone in their research in the future. Hey, I've already got 2 1/2 pages done in just a few days... :-)

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home