Dave's Daily

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Money Pits

As with anything, things tend to start to break down. As mentioned before, our A/C was low (5 lbs low) on freon. Got the bill today... The freon plus the one hour labor (but we did have a $10 off coupon for first time clients!!) cost $114.

Last night when we got into the car to head to church, it wouldn't start. Dead battery. It wasn't completely dead as the dash lights and stuff came on, but it engine wouldn't turn over. Since it was in the garage parked right next to the truck, it was just a simple jump to get it started again. We threw the jumpercables in the trunk and headed on to church. Thankfully, it held the charge it got driving to church and it started after church was over (barely). This morning I called a car shop to get a new battery (plus it was time for an oil/lube/filter change anyway) . The car almost started, but couldn't quite make it, so I had to jump it again. Dropped off the car, got a ride to work, and will be leaving soon to go pick it up. I'm sure it'll be close to another $100 for this repair job too.

After we had got home from church, I was going to just do the battery replacement myself, but things are so compact in cars anymore, I couldn't figure out a way to get the battery out from where it was located. How frustrating... I just hooked up all the cables and decided to let someone else do it. Ugh.

Oh, and due to not enough kids being able to go to the Royal Rangers Pow-Wow, we're now not going camping this weekend. Actually, I'm kind of glad. I wasn't really looking forward to going anyway. So, now I've got to come up with something to do tomorrow night to help celebrate my wife's birthday! :-) Any ideas anyone?

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home