Dave's Daily

Monday, May 23, 2005

Celebration and Tragedy

Friday was my 16th wedding anniversary. Since our checkbook is getting on the lean side for the month, we "celebrated" by going out to Fazzoli's (a fast food Italian restaurant). We even brought along the kids as we didn't feel we could afford a baby sitter. We had a nice dinner and enjoyed the night out. Hey, free bread sticks... How much better can it get? :-)

That evening, after we got back home, we watched part of Star Wars, Episode I (my wife hadn't seen it before).

Saturday was just beautiful and I worked outside most of the day doing yard work. I trimmed the bushes and trees, mowed and weed-eated. I took breaks after each activity, so as to not overdo it, and just took my time and enjoyed the day. That evening we finished up the second half of Star Wars, Episode I (we have next Friday night scheduled to watch Episode II...)

Sunday, it started off just like every other Sunday... Running late to church as usual, enjoying the services, coming home and eating lunch, relaxing throughout the afternoon, and going to church again for Evening service. After getting home, we were hit with a bomb. The Pastor from the church we used to attend (and where I grew up - the rest of my family still go there) called us to tell us of a terrible tragedy. My sister and her husband's new 9-week old baby girl stopped breathing and the Dr.'s could not resuscitate her. My brother-in-law is taking it VERY hard as he was at home with her when it happened. Please stop what you're doing and say a quick prayer for them. Goodbye Bethany... See ya in Heaven.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home