Dave's Daily

Monday, May 16, 2005

Mother-In-Law Visit

We actually had a nice visit with my wife's mother this past weekend and also got to see two of my wife's sisters. My mother-in-law was a little upset with her mower person as he was suppose to come early Saturday morning and didn't end up coming until that evening. She doesn't really get out much except to occasionally go to the store and to church every Sat. evening. So, sometimes, even the simple things can set her off. On Sunday, we took her out to one of her favorite resturants in a nearby town and had wonderful fried chicken.

Last Friday night marked an end to an 18 year run of new Star Trek material on the air. Star Trek: Enterprise showed it's last episode with no other Star Trek show or movie in production for the next few years. As a die-hard Trekkie fan, I'm gonna miss it. Even the bad episodes. At least they will live on in re-runs.

Also, this week will mark the end of the Star Wars saga with the release of Episode III: Return of the Sith. If you haven't been overrun by Star Wars marketing by now, you haven't been getting out much. I'm sure it will be in high gear this week. It's kind of sad knowing that this is the last movie of this grand saga, but at least there is new of a new TV series to continue the story. I'm pumped and can't wait to see the movie... I was 12 when the first movie came out in 1977 and got to journey to a galaxy far far away...

And one more big event this coming Friday is my 16th wedding anniversary. Man, I wonder if I could kill two birds with one stone by taking my wife out on a date with dinner and then to the Star Wars movie... Nah, it'll never fly... She's not much of a sci-fi person... Although she did express a little bit of interest in seeing this one... :-)

My last men's b-ball game is tonight (thankfully the early game at 6:30pm). Hopefully we can pull out a win here at the end of the tourney!

It's going to be a big and exciting week!

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home