Dave's Daily

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Long Weekend Recap

My son went on the Royal Rangers campout and had a lot of fun. He played paintball for the first time and loved it. Of course, I don't think he got the full effect of it as he didn't get hit hard enough to get any bruses. :-)

My wife and I went to the Sunday school class Progressive Dinner on Friday night (the church was also providing babysitting services for our daughter). We went to the first couple's home for appetisers which were very good and then we headed off to a second couple's home for salad. Then we headed back to the church for the main course of brisket, smoked turkey, and meatloaf. Man, that was good stuff!

Didn't do a whole lot on Saturday... I babysat our daughter for most of the day as my wife went grocery shopping, got her hair roots touched up, and did a few other errands. After my son got back from his campout, I did get the yard mowed.

Sunday was Mother's Day and it was a real emotional day. It's been sort of a tradition at our church for a mother to give the sermon on Mother's Day. The wife of one of our associate pastors spoke about something very personal in her life. 18 years ago, she gave up a baby for adoption while she was in high school. She had struggled all these years wondering what he looked like, did he play sports, was he doing well in school, etc. She'd get real depressed around the birthday time and at holidays. Now, around last Thanksgiving, now that the boy is 18, she contacted the adoption agency to see if she could get an update. She did and through some mighty miracles of God, she got to meet her son this past January. Her son and his adoptive parents were in attendance as she spoke Sunday and there wasn't a dry eye in the place. Her story even made the front page of our local paper. It was a very emotional time and a great ending (beginning?) of the story!

We had a State holiday on Monday, so I had the day off which was nice. I got to sleep in a little and played with my daughter quite a bit. My wife scheduled an eye appointment since I could watch the little one. Monday evening I had another men's b-ball game. We're nearing the end of the tourney. In our game, if we won, we play again next Monday night for the final game. If we lost, we would have to play again that same night at a later game (we played at 6:15pm and the loser had to come back to play at 9:15pm - UGH!)... Needless to say, that was enough incentive to win... which we barely did! Whew!

I didn't sleep so well last night.. I woke up at 3AM and couldn't get back to sleep... Too much on my mind I guess...

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home