Dave's Daily

Monday, June 16, 2008

Another Birthday

As I mentioned in my last post, Saturday (14th) was my daughter's 6th birthday. We were originally going to have a swim party, but due to the large amount of rain we received the day before, it was really muddy in the backyard and my wife didn't want it all tracked in the house. So, we just let the girls play in the house and they had a great time. She invited three of her closer friends over and they were just running through the house having a great time. I'm sure the two hours just flew by for them. HA! My daughter didn't want the traditional cake and ice cream for some reason, just some ice cream sandwiches, so at least we didn't have a lot of clean up. Like I also mentioned in my last post, she wanted a scooter and a goldfish, so that morning, she and I headed to PetCo to buy a goldfish. She named it Swimmy. How cute.

After the party, my folks came down again and we went out to eat again. :-)

Sunday started our annual Vacation Bible School at church. We have the founder of the Creation Truth Foundation as the speaker this year and we've made it more of a Family VBS instead of just for kids. After a brief opening with everyone, the kids then go out to various rooms for various activities and the main speaker talks to the adults. The theme is "Our Lost World: The Truth About Dinosaurs." The speaker brought a "mobile museum" with all kinds of dinosaur fossils and bones. Really cool to see a full sized dinosaur skeleton setup in the sanctuary. The VBS goes on each night through Thursday night.

My son also started an Art Camp this week as well during the day, so this week will be very busy and hectic.

Oh, also during my daughter's birthday party, she lost her other big front tooth. She got all excited about it which made the other three girls go crazy too. :-)

That's about it... Until next time...
Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home