Dave's Daily

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Snow!

With the threat of snow today, most of the area schools let out two hours early (some of the rural schools just canceled the whole day). The worst of the storm is supposed to hit this afternoon into the overnight hours. Here, we're supposed to get 3-6 inches. We'll see... :-)

Back on Sat., Jan. 19th, my family and I went to see the Veggie Tales movie "The Pirates that don't do Anything". It was pretty good and had some funny parts, but wasn't quite as good their last movie attempt ("Jonah"). But, it was something fun to do on a very cold day. When we got home, I had a phone message waiting from Best Buy's Customer Service department (see a few posts back about my new TV's missing remote - I had emailed Best Buy about it). I called them back and basically I could order a new remote from Sony and Best Buy would reimburse me or they would send me a $25 Best Buy Gift Card. Rather than trying to fight with getting a reimbursement, and the replacement remote I got from the store worked just fine, I opted for the gift card. It hasn't arrived yet, but I'm hoping to see it any day now. We'll see...

Last Friday (25th), was my 43rd Birthday! Yahoo! Happy Birthday to me! :-) My son spent the night with a friend who was having a birthday party, and his friend has a daughter about the age of my daughter, so the parents let her stay with them so my wife and I could go out to dinner to celebrate my birthday. We went to Longhorns and man, do they have great steaks! We were going to do a few other things, but it was so cold and the wind was blowing a lot, so we just picked up our daughter and went home, built a fire and watched a movie.

On Saturday (26th), my parents came to town and we all went out for lunch at Bandana's BBQ. After lunch, we went over to Best Buy and I picked up an amplified indoors antenna for my new TV so I could pick up the digital channels. It surprisingly worked pretty good considering the TV is downstairs in an area not very open to the outside. I picked up 6 analog channels and 9 digital channels. It's a bummer that our Fox affiliate doesn't broadcast in HD as it's considered a low-powered station and is having problems getting licensed to do so with the FCC. Maybe some day hopefully! I was hoping to watch the Super Bowl in HD this year... :-(

Today is payday and I guess we survived another month (barely!).

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home