Dave's Daily

Friday, September 09, 2005

FRIDAY!

Yeah! It's Friday! The end of the work week! My son will be going to a sleep-over birthday party for one of his friends tonight. If we could just find someone to watch our daughter, my wife and I could have a quiet evening for a change. Thankfully we do have something planned in October... More about that as it gets closer.

Today is one of my nephew's Fifth Birthday. Happy Birthday Raymond! Time to start requesting those big boy toys now! :-)

As I reflect again on the devastation by Katrina, I remember that it was September 11-15, 2000 that I was in New Orleans for a technical conference for my job. I walked Bourbon Street, ate a couple of authentic "Nawlens" restaurant, went to the Aquarium of the Americas, and all the other tourist stuff. It is still so sad to think about. Unfathomable...

Ah... The weekend is almost upon us... Guess I'll still have to mow the yard tomorrow though...

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home