Dave's Daily

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

I thee commission ye

Sunday night was a special night. We went back to the church I grew up in as the pastor who has been there for the past 24 years was resigning to become the President of Central Bible College in Springfield, MO. They had a very good catered dinner, and then a commissioning service with various speakers including "roasting" by a good friend and a "looking back" photo montage video. It was really neat to see some of the people come back to the church who I grew up with and hadn't seen in a long time too. Going back to the church now will just not be the same with a different pastor there. This pastor performed the wedding ceremony for my wife and I also. I've sat under a lot of preaching and teaching from this man and he is truly a man of integrity and faithfulness. It was a really neat service and I'm glad I was able to attend.

Friday night we went out to eat just so we could all get "out of the house" for awhile to do something different. I also picked up the old movie "The Day the Earth Stood Still." I've always wanted to get that movie, and Target had it at a pretty cheap price. I'm also wanting to get "The War of the Worlds," the 1953 version. I've seen that a special edition version is coming out on DVD on November 1st.

Saturday I got the yard mowed, but that was about it for the day... Oh, well, I also put down some fertilizer too. :-)

Tomorrow is payday! Yes! I think we made it through the month... but these gas prices are killing us. We had to fill up the car Sunday and it cost me almost $40 (I had to pay $2.57 a gallon)!!! Ugh!

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home