Dave's Daily

Monday, August 22, 2005

First Day of School

Today is the first day of school for my son. He's starting the 5th grade at a brand new school. We're sending him to a private school this year as we just became frustrated with the public school he was attending. He at least knows a few kids there and I'm sure he won't have any problems making new friends.

Due to my having to drop him off at school, I have to change my working hours, but it's a small sacrifice so he can get a good education. Plus, I get to sleep in a little bit more. :-)

Well, I finally had to mow the yard since we had been getting some rain. I think it has been over a month since I've mowed.

The Satellite Guy came early (11:30am) on Friday, so I took off early from work and we got it all working in about an hour. So now we're enjoying our SkyAngel satellite programming again!

My son tried out for one of the lead roles in the upcoming Children's Christmas program last night at church. He says he did really well and I know he'll do a good job if he gets it. He's really good at memorizing lines and almost has the whole play memorized by listening to the CD over and over.

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home