Dave's Daily

Friday, August 12, 2005

A Good Night's Sleep... Finally!

This week has been pretty trying for my wife and I. Our 3 year old daughter has been waking up in the middle of the night and then not wanting to stay in her bed. She did this almost every night this week and it'd take about 1-2 hours trying to coax her to stay in bed, which usually didn't work. One night she just stayed in our room, standing by the bed (we didn't want her *in* our bed due to the fact that we're potty training her), until she just finally sat down and fell asleep. Last night she slept all night long... finally... But she did wake up at 6:15am (after I had already gotten up) this morning. I don't know if it's the potty training or if something has scared her in her room, but I hope we're almost over this... If I don't get my 8 hours of sleep a night, I'm pretty much a lost cause the next day. I can handle one or two nights like that, but not a whole week's worth... I'm just glad tomorrow is Saturday so I can finally sleep in if I have to...

Our Sunday school class is having a special thing tonight where groups of four couples get together for dinner, games, fellowship, etc. We're looking forward to it as it's always nice to get to know others in the church a little better.

We were sent a memo here at work indicatiing (dictating?) a new dress code. For quite a while now, every Friday was a Casual Day. Starting Oct. 3rd, no more casual days... And they put a few restrictions on what types of clothes you can wear. Actually, I'm kind of glad (not really about losing Casual Day) as some of the ladies in the building were getting kind of skimpy if you know what I mean. Anyway, at least they didn't go back to the "Dark Ages" where I'd have to wear a tie...

Sweet Dreams!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home