Dave's Daily

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Rain... Finally!

Starting Friday evening, it started raining and hasn't let up since (although it's suppose to clear up this afternoon). Thankfully, it is only a light, steady rain and not a downpour. We've been in a drought for so long, we really needed this rain. I heard on the radio this morning that we've gotten a little over 3 inches since it started. I know my backyard is starting to flood... I almost wish it would have rained one day, then dry one day, then rain one day, etc... to give the rain a chance to soak in. Guess when it finally dries up a little, I'll have to go back to mowing the yard again. :-)

As I mentioned in my last post, on Friday night, our Sunday school class had little get togethers at various homes in groups of four couples so that people could get better acquanted. We had a real nice time at our group. Had BBQ hamburgers and chicken and played several rounds of the Uno Attack card game. Having all the kids there was a little bit of a distraction, but we still had a good time.

Saturday I spent a couple of hours upgrading the software on our main video switcher computer. That all went fairly well and I made it home before lunch time. We were going to go out for a walk at a local park, but as I mentioned, it started raining (it had stopped during the morning time and started again after lunch). So we just stayed home and I played various games with the kids. My daughter really likes playing foosball. She stands on a chair and likes hitting the ball. She doesn't quite "get it", but whenever she or anyone else makes a score, she likes to give "high fives." :-)

Starting Sunday evening through this Wednesday, they are holding a "Back to School" kids crusade at the church. The kids seemed to enjoy it. We didn't get to go last night (Monday) as my son wasn't feeling too good. With all the rain and all, he started what seeems to be a sinus problem, but he also had a slight fever yesterday.

We also had problems with our daughter again last night not wanting to stay in her bed. She woke us up about 3AM this morning and we had a couple hours of dealing with her again... She finally fell asleep on the floor by our bed because we just couldn't get her to fall asleep in her own bed. So, I'm tired this morning. You parents out there that have been through this, please tell me she'll get over it... :-)

Hopefully the kids can make it to the Kids Crusade tonight, and I've got a church board meeting tonight too. I hope that doesn't last long as I may not last long... Unless I can get a quick nap in here at work (uh, I didn't say that...). :-)

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home