Dave's Daily

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Traffic Problems

For years, I've come into work at 7am. Traffic wasn't too much of an issue and even less of one since we've moved into our new house as I can get on to the highway pretty quick and easy now. Now that I've had to change my schedule so I can take my son to school, it's become a real problem. Now I get to work at 8am, and that's probably when most of the city is going to work (it seems like it anyway). Plus, where the school is, it's a real pain to work your way around to get back to where I need to go. Lots of stop signs/lights, lots of traffic (cars backing up at intersections), etc. It's just a real pain, and to think I have to do this for many years to come doesn't improve my outlook.

We're also hearing from upper management here at work that the schedules are changing too. No one can work before 7:30am and then they want support coverage until 5:30pm. No more 10 hour work days (so no more 4 day work weeks), and no more telecommuting. They just keep messing around with people here... It's all to be effective 9/1, but they are going to give us 2 weeks to work out our schedules for people that have to deal with daycare issues, etc. How nice of them. First, they take away our casual days, now they muk up our work schedules... what next? They say it's all due to help give better coverage for our "customers." We'll see.

It's been a rainy day... Maybe the reason for my mood... :-)

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home