Dave's Daily

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Labor Day Weekend Overview

I stopped by the gas station on the way home from work on Friday as with the Labor Day weekend, I figured the gas stations would be jacking up the price. Well, around here it had gone up to $3.09 a gallon, but I heard other places around close by were higher and even hitting $4.00 a gallon. Ugh. I wasn't even able to fill up the tank in my truck... I just stopped at $30.00... Just too depressing to go any further.

We didn't do a whole lot on Saturday. After I got the yard mowed, we all went to the local PetCo store to get a harness collar and chewtoy for our dog. Since we don't have our dog on a leash very often, when we did, he was always choking himself by pulling so hard. The vet recommended a harness type collar.

Sunday we just had a special one morning service due to the Labor Day holiday and we had no evening service. Because of that, we got together with three other couples and went to a local park and had a picnic. One couple brought a Washers game and we all had a mini-tourney. I must say I did pretty good! :-) We all stayed until dark and had a great time.

Monday, Labor Day, was actually "labor day" for me... I dusted and vacuumed the house, swept and vacuumed the back porch, and did some other cleaning while my wife cleaned the bathrooms... All before lunch too! Since we had eaten a later breakfast with pancakes, etc., we all went to the local Barnes & Noble bookstore to look around and then headed to the mall's Cafe Court to eat lunch. After getting home, I helped my son go over some math problems to practice for an upcoming math test on Wednesday. I also finally got around to fitting the harness collar on my dog and tried it out on a little walk. I couldn't believe how still he sat as I was fitting it to him. :-) It worked out really well, so I think we'll take a longer walk tonight.

Just found out today that Bob "Gilligan" Denver passed away on Friday. He was 70 years old. Good bye "Little Buddy" and thanks for the laughs...

Today is also the 50th birthday for my cousin Sue.... I heard from my aunt that they took her out to eat yesterday and got her black balloons and a red hat. Happy Birthday, Sue!!!

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home