Dave's Daily

Monday, July 18, 2005

It's OVER!

It's over for this year anyway! I almost consider the Honor Star Crowning to be our "superbowl" of church productions. It's kind of stressful for me making sure everything goes okay. Like I mentioned in my last post, I took off early on Friday and went to the local pool to watch my kids doing their swimming lessons. After that, I went over to the church to work on my Honor Star videos. I got home a little after 6pm, but I got everything done. All nine photo montage videos and edited all 9 audio testimony files.

Saturday, I didn't do a whole lot... It was hot outside, so Saturday afternoon while my daughter was taking a nap, my son and I went out side for a water fight. He had the water hose, and I used my big Super Soaker. We must of been out there for an hour and a half. We had a lot of fun. I got a good sunburn too. :-) I got pretty worn out from all the running around and my arm was sore from all the pumping up of the Super Soaker. But it was a good worn out feeling.

Sunday was the big day... I had to be at the church at 2pm for the Honor Star Crowning rehearsal which seemed to me to go pretty smooth. During the actual event, there seemed to be a lot of audio problems between the main sound board and the video room, but after the first girl, the rest of them went a lot better. Everyone liked the photo montage videos and I got lots of thanks and complements. The Honor Star sponsors gave me a nice $30 Applebee's gift certificate too. That's always a nice "Thank You" as well. :-) After we got home, I felt like crashing as all the stress was now lifted off of me... I slept pretty good last night.

Today, is just another Monday here at work... No major problems arose, so it's been a good day I guess. I'm ready to go home... See my beautiful wife and wonderful kids... :-)

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home