Dave's Daily

Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Happy Independence Day!!

Well, okay, it's a few days late, but I've been off work for vacation and just got back today. :-)

Anyway, I took off last Friday (July 2nd) and we headed out of town to visit some old friends that used to live next to us. They have two little boys inwhich one of them is almost a year younger than ours, so they had gotten to be pretty close friends when they lived next door. We got there about noon, so we all went out for lunch, then the boys played all afternoon. (Oh, and I heard Marlon Brando passed away on Friday as well at the age of 80 from lung problems.)

Then we headed to stay the rest of the weekend with my wife's mother. On Saturday, we all got together with some of my wife's sisters and nieces' family for a cookout and fireworks.

Came back home on Sunday. We shot some of our own fireworks Sunday night instead of going to watch the city's fireworks display. We were pretty tired from travelling and didn't want to get back in the car... :-)

We took the dog with us on her first long trip. She travelled very well even though she had to ride in one of those dog carriers. I never could get her to go to the bathroom when we stopped at places, but she never had an accident in the car. Whew!

I had the day off on Monday in observance for the Fourth, so that morning we went to Target and then the grocery store for some shopping. That afternoon, my son and I went to KB Toy store and bought him one of those scooters. He rode one around when we were up at my wife's niece's house on Saturday and he wanted one for himself. After we picked it up, we headed for the park for him (and I) to try it out. He got to be pretty good with it. He's been having problems with trying to figure out riding a bicycle, so maybe this scooter will give him more confidence with figuring out the balance thing.

Came back to work today and got thru all the stacked up email and work stuff... and now it's almost time to go home. I realy hate coming back to work after being out for more than two days... I usually stay up late and get up late while on vacation, so getting back in to the regular routine is pretty hard...

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home