Dave's Daily

Monday, June 14, 2004

Pow Wow Weekend

Wow! What a busy weekend! Last Thursday, June 10th, was my wife's 40th birthday. Since my son and I were going to be gone over the weekend (more about this further down), and my daughter's second birthday is today (June 14th - more about this also), we decided to combine them and have a little party Thursday night. My parents came down and we all had pizza, cake and ice cream. We all had a great time and my daughter had fun eating her piece of cake and opening presents.

Friday morning my son (who is 9 years old) and I left for the Royal Rangers Pow Wow. Royal Rangers is a Boy Scout-like program that is run by the Assemblies of God. This was a district-wide event and there were over 700 people there. Friday was more of a "get setup and ready" day and all the activities were on Saturday. Friday night there was a "pagent" play which was followed by a large fireworks display, a devotional, and altar call inwhich quite a few boys came forward to accept Jesus as their personal Savior. Saturday brought uniform inspections, outpost flag inspections, campsite inpsections and also lots of activities for the boys to enjoy such as archery, shooting slingshots and BB guns, walking a rope ladder, paintball tourney, Tug of War, etc. I'm proud to say we got a perfect score on our campsite inspection (even though our Royal Rangers flag was hung upside down by mistake!). There was another pagent play Saturday night as well after giving out the awards. We got back home around Midnight Saturday wiped out, but having a fun time non-the-less.

Sunday I got up to go to church, but had a run-in with Montezuma's Revenge, so I stayed home that morning, rested up, and did make it to the evening service, but still felt wiped out.

Today, Monday, June 14th, is my daughter's second birthday. I can't believe she's already two. She's getting really talkative (with REAL words) and is very expressive facially and emotionally. She's just a little darling. :-) I love her to pieces! I'm still feeling pretty zapped from the weekend today and would rather be back in bed than here at work, but at least it hasn't been too busy today.

Hey, today is also Flag Day, so hoist up Old Glory and wave her proudly! God Bless America!

Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home