Dave's Daily

Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Weekend Update

Crazy weekend... And another dog story...
Saturday morning, our doorbell rang at 8am. We were just getting out of bed, so I wasn't approprately dressed to go to the door, so I didin't answer it. Later in the day, when I got the mail, there was a sealed blank envelope in the box with the other mail. Ummm, should I open it? Well, I did and it was a short note from one of our neighbors. She was complaining about our dog's barking waking her up twice during the night, once at 9:30pm and then again at 1:30am. She blabbed on about please be considerate and get one of those collars that keep dogs from barking or get training or something. Grrr... I'm not sure if I want to respond to her note or not. She's a single younger lady and even has a dog herself (indoor). She's already run off two boyfriends also... She's a rough and tough little lady. :-) Anyway, I'm trying to train our cute little puppy some manners, but it'll just take time lady. Got the yard mowed on Saturday also. :-)

Sunday was Father's Day!! My Day!!! Yeah!! Got a nice card from the kids. It had a punch-out crown, which I punched-out and wore all day. :-) King for a day! Man, I love Father's Day. One bad part about that day was that I wasn't able to spend any time with my father since he lives in another town. I did call him that morning before church to wish him a "Happy Father's Day."

We're leaving for a camping/float trip tomorrow (Wed). We were going with my cousin and his family, but they called today saying that his wife's brother died this morning and now they wouldn't be able to go. Bummer. I was really looking forward to getting together with them, as we don't get to visit with them too often. But that's okay as I know they need to support each other during this rough time. Anyway, I guess my little family will still go as we've got everything bought and planned and the campsite reserved.

My wife took our 2yr daughter to get her picture taken today at Sears. I'm struggling right now trying to get thru their website to look at the pictures. Man it's slow! Their servers must be really busy or just hosed up as the Java scripts keep timing out. Trying again usually works... Okay... 10 minutes later, I finally got in to see my beautiful daughter... She outta be in pictures... oh wait, she is! :-)

I gotta get more sleep...
Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home